Aspen Snowmass Colorado PRP Orthopedic Injection Doctor, Julian Gershon, Jr., D.O. of Aspen Institute for Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine can provide the patient with injections that work with the body’s natural healing process to restore and regenerate tissue. When an injury occurs in the body, special parts of the blood, known as platelets run to the rescue to stop bleeding and repair the tissue. Platelets help to form scabs on the outside of the body, and they stimulate collagen production.
With Platelet Rich Plasma Orthopedic Injections, a very small amount of the patient’s own blood is taken and spun down in a centrifuge to obtain the platelets and growth factors. Then, the mixture is injected into the site of the injury or pain, and it works to rejuvenate tissue, while stimulating collagen production. Tendons, ligaments, and fascia all need collagen to be rejuvenated because most soft tissues are made with collagen. As tissues are regenerated, patients often experience pain reduction, improved range of motion, and healing.
While patients can often see results the same day, the growth factors and platelets work for several weeks in the healing of tissue, and full results can be seen after several weeks. Depending on the severity of the injuries, some patients may need several treatments to continually promote healing. Many patients have been able to obtain numerous benefits from Platelet Rich Plasma Orthopedic Injections. Aspen Snowmass Colorado PRP Doctor, Julian Gershon, Jr., D.O. can help treat pain, injuries, arthritis, MS, autoimmune conditions, stroke issues, and more.
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy for Musculoskeletal Injections
If you experience a joint, ligament, or muscle injury, you might benefit from platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy. PRP is defined by a higher concentration of platelets and growth factors that can be used by your body to create newer, healthier cells and tissue. Dr. Gershon uses ultrasound-guided PRP injections to precisely place PRP and to increase the efficacy of this treatment. PRP encourages your body’s natural regenerative and healing processes to take place. This may prevent the need for surgery and allow you to return to your favorite activities more rapidly.
Common Injuries Treated with PRP Therapy
Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis.
- Pain in the joints during and after movement
- Joint stiffness
- Reduced range of motion/flexibility
- Bones spurs
- Popping/cracking/grinding sensation
- Ligament Injuries
- Sudden, severe pain
- Loud snap or pop at the time the injury occurs
- Rapid Inflammation and swelling within 24-hours after an injury
- Pain when putting weight on the injured area, or pain without weight
- Decreased range of motion
- Limited mobility/function
- Instability and weakness
- Neck/Back Pain
- Pain and soreness
- Muscle spasm
- Muscle weakness
- Pain when performing movements such as twisting, walking, standing, sitting, bending over, or lifting
- Sharp stabbing and shooting pains
- Pain that radiates to other areas of the body, such as down the buttocks and legs
- Reduced pain when lying down or reclined
Benefits of Platelet Rich Plasma Orthopedic Injections
Platelet Rich Plasma Orthopedic Injections provides athletes with a wide range of unique benefits that some other therapies cannot offer. Some of the advantages of Platelet Rich Plasma therapy include:
- No Down Time
While surgery is sometimes necessary, it can require quite a bit of downtime; however, Platelet Rich Plasma therapy can be performed in under an hour and does not require athletes to stop their training for any significant amount of time.
Aside from a very small amount of sensation that can be felt at the injection site, Platelet Rich Plasma therapy is relatively painless. Most patients do not feel any pain at all when they are undergoing PRP therapy.
- Improves Pain
- Because Platelet Rich Plasma therapy works in the restoration of tissues, it can improve chronic or acute pain that is due to overuse, scar tissue, injuries, or even recent surgery. Many patients have been able to eliminate or reduce their painkillers with the help of Platelet Rich Plasma therapy.
- Accelerates Healing
- Because of the platelets and growth factors, Platelet Rich Plasma can promote healing in several different types of tissues. It stimulates healing at the site of injection and helps in the regeneration of tendons, ligaments, and fascia. It can also be used post-surgery to speed up recovery time.
- Low Risk
- Because the platelets and growth factors are from the patient’s own body, there is no risk of allergic reactions, infections, or rejection of the PRP, as opposed to other therapies that may lead to side effects of unwanted reactions.
Aspen Snowmass Colorado PRP Orthopedic Injection Doctor, Julian Gershon, Jr., D.O. can help men and women to recover from their injuries and reduce pain with a specialized PRP protocol in Aspen Colorado. At the first visit, Dr. Gershon will obtain the patient’s full medical history, learn about treatment goals, and discuss treatment options.
Platelet Rich Plasma Orthopedic Injections may be used in conjunction with other therapies, including medication, physical therapy, and pre or post surgery. Countless patients that have used Platelet Rich Plasma Orthopedic Injections have been able to regain their overall quality of life and get back to optimal levels of performance.